The Romanesque style church with its distinct square tower is recognizable from many vantage points. The sense of a sacred space for worship is enhanced by the fine finishes and aesthetic use of statues, stained glass and scagliola for wall cladding and arches to the sanctuary and pulpit. The dome above the apse adds a heavenly dimension.
Beneath the church is a hall that was originally built as a new school to replace the one located in Holland Street. With continued growth of the school, it was apparent a dedicated building was needed and in 1948, the Memorial School was opened next to the church. The space left vacant has been the Church Hall since then, being used for many different purposes – function room, parish concert hall, home of the Ignatian Musical Society, temporary school rooms, an indoor playroom for Outside School Hours Care (OSHC) and a venue for hire by external parties.