St Ignatius Church, Toowong
The foundation for the church of St Ignatius was laid in 1929 and the building was dedicated by Archbishop Duhig in 1930.
At the time, Archbishop Duhig congratulated the Jesuits and parishioners for their work to achieve “this beautiful church, complete in every detail and standing on so commanding a site”. He also congratulated the suburb of Toowong on the distinction it would receive with such a graceful architectural adornment. Indeed, the church building was listed on the Queensland Heritage Register in 2005.
Holy Spirit Church, Auchenflower
Auchenflower House was a wayside chapel that was attended by local parishioners as well as being the home of the Carmelite Sisters from the time of their arrival to Brisbane in 1927.
In 1965, the Carmelite Sisters departed Auchenflower House for their new home at Ormiston. The building they left behind was sold and moved to Early Street Historical Village and more recently can be found at Albert River Wines, Tamborine.